DivineUnity is New Millennial New Thought ~ We Believe
"'If there is anything to religion, it ought to produce results,' it should work."
-- Frank Robinson
" . . . a correlation of laws of science, opinions of
philosophy, and revelations of religion applied to
the needs and aspirations of humankind"
-- Ernest Holmes
The Equilibrium: A Root Teaching in DivineUnity
At the heart of our teaching is the wonderful mathematics of compassion which is called The Equilibrium. Sometimes called the mathematics of success, the Equilibrium was stated mathematically by John Nash. This wonderful mathematics can be summed up in prose as:
"Do what is good for the group and do not exclude yourself."
Thus we might rephrase the Equilibrium by saying: "Do what is good for the group and what is good for yourself, do what is good for yourself but insure that it is also good for the group."
In short this is the very root of the Golden Rule. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." The great challenge of the Golden Rule in the conception of many is that it can lead to 'meaningless' self-sacrifice. As opposed to 'meaningful' self sacrifice which is found when the fireman rushes into the burning building when others are running out, or when Lieutenant Vladimir Pravik entered Chernobyl to put out the nuclear fire even in the obvious face of a most likely hideous death by radiation poisoning, meaningless self-sacrifice happens all the time when people exclude themselves from the equation.
In contrast to the person who excludes themselves is the person who is only thinks about himself or herself and this results in greed and corruption. This is an obvious spiritual deficit and results in direct and easily observable suffering.
When we observe nature and see the success of ecosystems and interaction of animals to support one another, even the predators are trimming the flock of the old or the weak. We can see this equation working throughout the world in successful systems.
In short this is the New Thought, concept of co-creation. This equation allows for us to see the mathematical importance of the concept of co-creation and how this goes hand in hand with the understanding of partnership. This leads us to the deep teachings of Partnership which are perhaps best explained through the works of Riane Eisler. We begin to understand that Partnership is essential both to success and prosperity and in fact the very root of survival for us as a species and for our planet as a diverse and beautiful jewel of ecosystems intertwined across the globe.
Another part of the foundation of DivineUnity is the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, a divine document for all to not only be aware of, but to read and come to know. Below is a Link for you.
Universal declaration of Human Rights
Thus it follows from our belief in the Equilibrium that we believe in:
Partnership, Compassion, Forgiveness and Reconciliation.
There are Seven Basic Beliefs of Divine Unity
1. We believe in the unity of all life and the unity of all life with the Divine Energy that is the root and fruit of all being.
2. We believe in spiritual evolution. The entire universe is evolving and growing and we are evolving from human self-conscious individuals into complete awareness of our DivineUnity as divine centered people.
3. We believe in the goodness of Spirit and in our innate goodness, because we are made in the image and likeness of the Divine. We believe that through perceiving our DivineUnity we are able to best embody the Divine will. We are worthy and loved.
4. We believe in responsibility and compassion. We take full responsibility for our lives because we are free, spontaneous, and unique individualization's of the Divine and we embody Divine love through compassionate action.
5. We believe in healing. We believe in using doctors and healers to achieve healing but that any condition can be transformed through affirmative prayer. Where doctors fail, the Divine will prevail.
6. We believe there is truth in all religions. We respect all love based ministries and all compassionate spiritual paths. We believe in harmony among diverse peoples, cultures, families, and life styles of the world rooted in and respecting the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
7. We believe in spiritual transformation. As we open our minds and hearts to the Divine, and consciously love and serve others, we are transformed into the embodiment of DivineUnity. We choose our lives as spiritual beings with courage and grace.
Learn about DivineUnity Practices